Running

Running

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

...everything but the hospital bed!

I got a call today from a medical supply company. They said my surgeon's office had notified them of my post-op needs and they needed to verify my insurance information so they could have everything I needed  ready in time for the BIG day! 

I verified my insurance information with them and then asked what exactly my doctor had requested that I receive...it appears that I am getting pretty much everything except the electric motorized hospital bed  
(which actually would have been fun for my kids...who am I kidding, I'd of had a blast with it).

Here is what I am having delivered to my house (not sure where it is all going to fit):


 A post-op knee brace




 CPM Machine 
(This will move my knee for me...effort free exercising...I could get used to this)




 Pneumatic Compression Machine 
(This is evidently to prevent blood clots)



Game Ready
 (Cold Therapy Compression System)





Mobilegs Crutches
 (These look interesting)


Last time I had knee surgery and had to be non-weight bearing for two months I used these AMAZING crutches:
 Hope Crutches

They are truly amazing and I cannot imagine having done those two months without them. They are easy to use, provide exceptional balance and allow you to move fast. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being standard crutches, I give the Hope Crutches a 10+. 
I still have the Hope crutches and plan on them being my go-to crutches for this surgery as well, but I am interested in seeing how the Mobileg crutches measure up to the Hope Crutches.


However, the comparing of crutches can wait a few more days...because today I still have both feet on the ground...running! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. Can't wait to see each device in action!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Action shots huh...now that will be interesting;)

      Delete