Running

Running

Friday, September 20, 2013

Diagnosis: Squishy Monsteritis


 This morning I had my pre-op physical and my Lil Cupcake just had to come along.

 
 Ugh, the dreaded scale...I about hyper ventilated when the nurse said "Please step on the scale". However, I maintained my composer and politely declined (like I ALWAYS do). The nurse's head turned around so quickly, it wouldn't surprise me if he is suffering whiplash this evening. He insisted weighing me was necessary due to needing anesthesia for the surgery. I grudgingly climbed on the "depress-o-meter" backwards and told him to not tell me the number and to "clear" the scale before I got off of it. That way I wouldn't have to except how much weight I have gained due to not being able to run the past 6 weeks. 

 After the trauma of being weighed, I had some other stupid stuff done, like blood pressure and pulse taking. Cupcake and I got REALLY bored with all of the lame stuff, so we decided we needed some imitation latex glove balloons.

(These are not nearly as fun or great as the latex ones) 

(She was happy with hers)

More boredom, so some knee shots to memorialize these HOT pre- surgery legs/knees. 


 The doctor had me lie down on the examining table while he examined me to make sure I was "surgery ready". Decided on a selfy shot of me laying on the table (this was a self-distraction tactic due to the doctor's cold, clammy hands on my stomach...yuck).



 Next I had to go to the lab across the hall to get some lab work done. Cupcake was quick to inform the phlebotomist that she had several patients at home (baby dolls). One that had already been diagnosed with "Squishy Monsteritis" (WTF...look, I have know idea where this kid comes up with this stuff...LOL) and several others who she was going to be diagnosing. She said "I need medical supplies, please"? The phlebotomist was great and hooked her up with swabs, cleaning clothes, band aids and cotton balls. I however did not fare as well...I got these HUGE swabs shoved up my nose and 3 tubes of blood drawn.

                        

 After leaving the doctor's office I decided I needed a stroll through the Farmer's Market . After all, you shouldn't waist such a beautiful Friday morning!

 


(Came across this stand at the market that sells only Organic...I'm in heaven)

 (Lots of healthy options)

 
 (Yummy and 100% Organic)


 (Loving this cute old couple holding hands through the market)
 Next I headed to my friends house to have a garage sale. It was a good day for a late season sale and we had a great turnout.


A lot of randomness today...trying to fit in as much as I can before Tuesday...today I did it all, with both feet still on the ground! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment